Take to the skies and experience living history with the Historic Flight Foundation in a vintage Grumman TBM-3E Avenger warbird or 1944 de Havilland Dragon Rapide bi-plane airliner. This once-in-a-lifetime experience includes an in-depth tour and history of the aircraft from HFF personnel and a living-history scenic flight. Space is extremely limited so book your spot today!
Grumman TBM-3E ‘Avenger’
A prolific submarine-hunter, the TBM Avenger first deployed in combat in 1942 with the US Navy at the Battle of Midway, shortly after the attack on Pearl Harbour. It also saw service in WWII with Britain and New Zealand.
Post-war, the Avenger was employed by the Royal Canadian Navy from 1950-1960 in anti-submarine operations and pilot training. Once retired from military service, many TBM Avengers were used by crop-dusting and water-bombing operators, including Skyway Air Services in Langley, and Abbotsford’s own Conair.
de Havilland Dragon Rapide
Art deco takes flight in this stunning bi-plane airliner. Originally introduced in 1934, the Rapide saw service with numerous airlines through the 1930s including Vancouver’s Canadian Pacific Airways.
Incredibly versatile, the Rapide could be equipped with wheels, floats, or skis and became a popular aerial survey platform for many companies. During WWII, Dragon Rapides were impressed into service by allied nations, including this one which began with the Royal Air Force in 1944.
|Friday, August 10, 2018||TBM-3E Avenger||3:00 PM||2||$495|
|Friday, August 10, 2018||Dragon Rapide||3:00 PM||6||$295|
|Saturday, August 11, 2018||TBM-3E Avenger||9:00 AM||2||$495|
|Saturday, August 11, 2018||Dragon Rapide||9:00 AM||6||$295|
|Sunday, August 11, 2018||TBM-3E Avenger||5:00 PM||2||$495|
|Sunday, August 11, 2018||Dragon Rapide||5:00 PM||6||$295|
|All tickets subject to appl. taxes & fees|
- A liability waiver is required to participate in a Living History flight
- Certain health, height and weight restrictions may apply
- Partially sold flights may be combined to fill aircraft
- Flights subject to rescheduling or cancellation without notice. All reasonable efforts will be made to reschedule or provide a suitable substitution for a cancelled flight. If no suitable solution is possible for a cancelled flight, flight costs will be refunded.
- Pilot retains full right to assign seating or refuse any persons without cause