- When is the Abbotsford Airshow?
- Where can I buy tickets?
- How much is parking?
- Are children free?
- Are military and veterans free?
- What time does the Airshow start?
- Which acts are performing each day?
- Is there seating available?
- Is there shade available?
- Can I camp at the Airshow?
- What methods of payment are available at the Airshow?
- Do you accept US cash?
- What amenities are available at the Airshow?
- Is the Airshow accessible for the physically disabled?
- What should I bring to the Airshow?
- What should I NOT bring to the Airshow?
- What happens if it rains?
When is the Abbotsford Airshow?
The Abbotsford International Airshow is held the 2nd full weekend in August each year. The dates for the next 2 years are:
- 2019: August 9, 10 & 11
- 2020: August 7, 8 & 9
Where can I buy tickets?
Discount tickets can be purchased online through the Abbotsford Airshow website.
Beginning July 1, discount tickets can also be purchased at Lower Mainland Save-on-Foods locations.
Find a Save-on-Foods location near you.
Full priced tickets will be available at the Airshow gates.
How much is parking?
Parking is $10 per vehicle for all General Admission patrons. Parking fees offset traffic and parking management costs.
For patrons of Chalets, Business Lounges, and Nikon Photo Experience, parking is included in your ticket price. Family Pass and Carload Passes also include parking for one (1) vehicle.
Are children free?
There is no General Admission charge for Children ages 5 and under. Youth ages 6-17 receive a discounted General Admission rate.
Upgraded seating venue including the President’s Club, Nikon Photo Experience, Family Club, Runway Seating, Corporate Chalets and Business Lounges require a ticket for anyone ages 3 and up. Children 2 and under do not require a ticket for these venues but must be held on an adult’s lap (no seat provided).
Are military and veterans free?
There is no General Admission charge for active and retired military members of Canada or her Allies. No ticket is required. Please show your valid military or veterans ID at the gate for entry.
What time does the Airshow start?
The Airshow Grounds are open to the public during the following hours:
- Friday: 3:00PM to 10:30PM
- Saturday & Sunday: 9:00AM to 6:00PM
Please note that last entry to the Airshow is 2 hours before gates close (8:30PM Friday / 4:00PM Saturday & Sunday).
Please see our Schedule of Events page for more details.
Which acts are performing each day?
Most Airshow acts will perform during both Saturday and Sunday full day shows. The Friday Twilight Show features a shortened flying events program and not all acts will perform.
The U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds will perform on Saturday and Sunday but will NOT be performing during the Friday Twilight Show. The Canadian Forces Snowbirds will perform on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Please see the Schedule of Events for more details. Please note all airshow acts are subject to change without notice.
Is there seating available?
The General Admission area consists of a grass infield. A folding chair or blanket to sit on is recommended.
Several upgraded venues offer seating including President’s Club, Nikon Photo Experience, Flight Club, Family Club, and Runway Seating. For full details on these upgrade options, please visit our Tickets page.
Is there shade available?
Several upgraded venues offer shade under Chalet tents and/or umbrella including President’s Club, Nikon Photo Experience, Flight Club, and Family Club. For full details on these upgrade options, please visit our Tickets page.
The General Admission area consists of an open-air grass infield. A hat and sunscreen are highly recommended. Low-level sun-shelters for children or small umbrellas are permitted as long as they do not create a visual obstruction for others. Please be courteous to those around you. The Airshow reserves the right to remove large umbrellas/tents..
Can I camp at the Airshow?
Yes! The Abbotsford Flying Club operates an Airshow Campground at the North end of Runway 01/19 and offers camping at a nightly or full-weekend rate. For full details on camping, please visit the Campground page.
What methods of payment are available at the Airshow?
All Main Entrance gates, seating venues, and concessions accept:
- VISA, MasterCard, and American Express*
*Some concessions may not accept American Express
Beer Tents accept cash only. Several ATMs are available onsite around the Airshow grounds.
Do you accept US cash?
Yes, US cash is accepted at the Airshow at par ($1USD = $1CDN).
What amenities are available at the Airshow?
- Food Trucks & Concessions of all varieties
- Beer Tents – no outside alcohol permitted
- Souvenir and Gift Kiosks
- Cash ATMs
- “People-Mover” shuttles between areas onsite and the parking lots/campground – see MAP
- Plumbed washrooms as well as portable toilets throughout the show site
- Info Services/ Lost and Found
- Autograph Booth
- St John Ambulance First Aid Attendants
Is the Airshow accessible for the physically disabled?
Yes. Designated parking is available for those with a valid Disability Parking Permit. The general admission area consists of hard packed ground with paved access roads making it accessible for wheelchairs. The ground may be uneven in some areas, so caution is advised. A disabled seating area is available near Chalet Row including accessible washroom facilities.
What should I bring to the Airshow?
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat
- An (empty) refillable water bottle – free fill stations are available
- A folding chair and/or blanket – or upgrade your ticket to an upgraded venue with seating
- Earplugs – Parents, please ensure appropriate ear protection is provided for children of all ages
What should I NOT bring to the Airshow?
- Pets. Due to heat and noise, animals are not permitted on the Airshow grounds, including vehicles in the parking lot and the campground. Abbotsford Police will forcibly enter any vehicle found with an animal inside. The Abbotsford Airshow accepts no responsibility for damage to vehicles to remove animals for safety reasons.
- Alcohol. All bags are subject to search upon entry. Any outside alcohol will be confiscated and your ticket will be revoked without refund.
- Smoking (including Cannabis) is prohibited everywhere on the Airshow grounds due to extreme fire hazard. The only permitted place to smoke is inside of your vehicle (with an ashtray). Anyone caught smoking outside of their vehicle will have their ticket revoked without refund.
- Hard sided coolers – you will be asked to return these to your vehicle. Soft-sided bags are ok.
- Tents and Patio umbrellas – low-level sun-shelters for children are permitted as long as they do not create a visual obstruction for other patrons. Please be courteous to those around you. The Airshow reserves the right to remove large umbrellas/tents.
- Drones – the use of drones is prohibited by law within 5.5 km of the Abbotsford Airport. Violators are subject to up to $25,000 in fines and/or jail time. For more information on Drone Safety, please see Tranport Canada’s website.
- Weapons – including knives. We hope this goes without saying.
Please note all bags and belongings are subject to search upon entry to the Airshow. The Airshow reserves the right to deny admission to any patron found in possession of restricted items.
What happens if it rains?
Historically, the Abbotsford Airshow has had excellent weather and we have never had to cancel a show day. In the event of inclement weather, certain flying events could be modified or cancelled for safety reasons. If the entire show day were to be cancelled, Airshow staff would make this decision early in the morning before the show starts and publicize the cancellation via our social media platforms.