- What are the Abbotsford Airshow dates?
- Where can I buy tickets?
- How much is parking?
- What time does the Airshow start?
- Will the Blue Angels be flying all 3 days?
- Which acts are performing each day?
- Is the seating available?
- Can I camp at the Airshow?
- What methods of payment are available at the Airshow?
- Do you accept US cash?
- What amenities are available at the Airshow?
- Is the Airshow accessible for the physically disabled?
- What should I bring to the Airshow?
- What should I NOT bring to the Airshow?
- What happens if it rains?
When is the Abbotsford Airshow?
The Abbotsford International Airshow is held the 2nd full weekend in August each year.
The dates for the next 2 years are as follows:
- 2018: August 10, 11 & 12
- 2019: August 9, 10 & 11
Where can I buy tickets?
Discount tickets can be purchased online through the Abbotsford Airshow website.
Beginning July 1, discount tickets can also be purchased at Lower Mainland Save-on-Foods locations. Find a Save-on-Foods location near you.
Full priced tickets will be available at the King Rd Gate at the Airshow.
Early bird pricing ends July 31, 2018 (June 30 for President’s Club). Get your tickets early to secure the best price!
How much is parking?
Parking is $10 per vehicle for all General Admission patrons. Parking fees offset traffic management costs and volunteer groups that marshal vehicles onto the airfield.
For patrons of Chalets, Business Lounges, Grandstand VIP and Photo Pit, parking is included in your ticket price. Family Pass tickets also include parking for 1 vehicle.
What time does the Airshow start?
The Airshow Grounds are open to the public from 3:00PM to 10:30PM (Friday) and 9AM to 6PM (Sat & Sun).
Please note that last entry to the Airshow is 2 hours before gates close (8:30PM Friday / 4:00PM Saturday & Sunday).
Static Aircraft Display is open to the public from 3:00PM to 7:30PM (Friday) and 9AM to 5PM (Sat & Sun)
Flying Events are approximately 4:30PM to 10PM (Friday) and 11AM to 4:30PM (Sat & Sun)
Please see our Schedule of Events page for more details.
Will the Blue Angels be flying all 3 days?
Yes. The Blue Angels will be flying on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Please see our Schedule of Events page for approximate times.
Please note all airshow acts are subject to change without notice.
Which acts are performing each day?
Most Airshow acts will perform during both Saturday and Sunday full day shows. The Friday Twilight Show features a shortened flying events program and not all acts will perform. Please see the Schedule of Events for more details.
Please note all airshow acts are subject to change without notice.
Is there seating available?
The General Admission area consists of a grass infield. A folding chair or blanket to sit on is recommended.
The following Airshow venues include seating: President’s Club, Photo Pit, The Grandstand, and Runway Seating. For full details on these and other upgrade options, please visit our Tickets page.
Can I camp at the Airshow?
Yes! The Abbotsford Flying Club operates an Airshow Campground at the North end of Runway 01/19 and offers camping at a nightly or full-weekend rate. Full Weekend camping passes include admission for up to 6 people for all three days of the show. The Campground opens on Thursday at 12pm (noon) and closes on Sunday after the show ends.
For full details on camping, please visit the Tickets page.
Please note that due to the dry conditions, open flame including propane fire pits are not allowed in the Airshow camping area. Due to the noise created by the Airshow, pets are also not permitted in the Campground.
What methods of payment are available at the Airshow?
All Main Entrance gates, seating venues, and concessions accept:
- VISA, MasterCard, and American Express*
*Some concessions may not accept American Express
Beer Tents accept cash only. Several ATMs are available onsite around the Airshow grounds.
Do you accept US cash?
Yes, US cash is accepted at the Airshow at par ($1USD = $1CDN).
What amenities are available at the Airshow?
- Food Trucks & Concessions of all varieties
- Beer Tents – no outside alcohol permitted
- Novelties and Ice Cream
- Souvenir and Gift Kiosks
- Cash ATMs
- “People-Mover” shuttles between areas onsite and the parking lots/campground – see MAP
- Fully plumbed washrooms as well as portable toilets throughout the show site
- Info Services/ Lost and Found – Posters & Programs available here
- Autograph Booth
- St John Ambulance First Aid Attendants
- Patron Safety Personnel
Is the Airshow accessible for the physically disabled?
Yes. Designated parking is available for those with a valid Disability Parking Permit. The general admission area consists of hard packed ground with paved access roads making it accessible for wheelchairs. The ground may be uneven in some areas, so caution is advised. A disabled seating area is available near Chalet Row including accessible washroom facilities.
What should I bring to the Airshow?
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat
- An (empty) refillable water bottle – fill stations are available
- A folding chair and/or blanket – or upgrade your ticket to a venue with seating such as Photo Pit, The Grandstand, or Runway Seating.
- Earplugs – Parents, please ensure appropriate ear protection is provided for children of all ages
What should I NOT bring to the Airshow?
- Pets. Due to heat and noise, animals are not permitted on the Airshow grounds, including vehicles in the parking lot. Abbotsford Police will forcibly enter any vehicle found with an animal inside. The Abbotsford Airshow accepts no responsibility for damage to vehicles to remove animals for safety reasons.
- Alcohol. All bags are subject to search upon entry. Any outside alcohol will be confiscated and your ticket will be revoked without refund.
- Smoking is prohibited everywhere on the Airshow grounds due to extreme fire hazard. The only permitted place to smoke is inside of your vehicle (with an ashtray). Anyone caught smoking outside of their vehicle will have their ticket revoked without refund.
- Hard sided coolers – you will be asked to return these to your vehicle.
- Tents and Patio umbrellas – low-level sun-shelters for children are permitted as long as they do not create a visual obstruction for other patrons. Please be courteous to those around you. The Airshow reserves the right to remove large umbrellas/tents.
- Drones – the use of drones is prohibited by law within 5.5 km of the Abbotsford Airport. Violators are subject to up to $25,000 in fines and/or jail time. For more information on Drone Safety, please see Tranport Canada’s website.
- Weapons – including knives. We hope this goes without saying.
Please note all bags and belongings are subject to search upon entry to the Airshow. The Airshow reserves the right to deny admission to any patron found in possession of restricted items.
What happens if it rains?
Historically, the Abbotsford Airshow has had excellent weather and we have never had to cancel a show day. In the event of inclement weather, certain flying events could be modified or cancelled for safety reasons. If the entire show day were to be cancelled, Airshow staff would make this decision early in the morning before the show starts and publicize the cancellation via our website and social media platforms.